Hero Of Color City, The (CD)Regular price $ 13.98
About the Film:
Each night, when Ben falls asleep, his Crayons jump into their magical Crayon Box, which transports them to their home in COLOR CITY, a world of dazzling hues, soaring fantasy and the whimsy of childhood. This land is fed by an enchanted rainbow and waterfall that provides the City and its citizens with color.
When YELLOW, our timid heroine, is accidentally left behind in Ben's room, she inadvertently awakens two Unfinished Drawings: KING SCRAWL, a huge, powerful, mute monster -- and GNAT, Scrawl's motor-mouthed, overactive sidekick. In search of color for themselves, they follow Yellow to Color City, causing panic and concern. If Scrawl and Gnat can claim the waterfall for themselves, Color City will fade, and along with it, our lovable crayon characters will disappear.
It's up to Yellow and a motley crew of Crayons, bodacious and brave, BLUE, meticulous, fussy GREEN, satirical RED, pessimistic BLACK and overanxious WHITE to save the day. Meeting with fantastical creatures and fun adventures along the way, Yellow discovers she has more courage and strength than she knew and learns to believe in herself and to count on the support of her friends.
Replete with valuable life lessons, this enchanting story will entertain and inspire in a stunningly rendered and utterly unique animated world.
Zoë Poledouris-Roché and Angel Roché Jr. are partners that translate the experience of their life together into a tapestry of rock, urban, indie, punk and orchestral music.
A Fellow of the Sundance Institute Composer’s Lab, Zoë boasts songwriting and scoring credits for major motion pictures (Starship Troopers, Shadow Of Doubt) and multiple festival favorites/independents (White Of Winter). She is the eldest daughter of late film composer Basil Poledouris. Angel Roché Jr. spent his childhood playing drums for his father’s salsa band in Chicago. His arrival in LA landed him gigs with Revolver, Dave Navarro and Mellowdrone, which led to being enlisted as recording and touring percussionist for multiple Grammy award winner Ziggy Marley, a position he held for 11 years. As of late, you can catch him performing with William Close and the Earth Harp Collective.
You can also find Zoë & Angel performing as LOONER.
Tracklist1. Color The World • Zoë Poledouris-Roché & Angel Roché Jr. featuring The Willard Elementary School "Rising Stars” Chorus (1:36)
2. Why Am I So Scared • LOONER (3:19)
3. Heave Ho (Boat Song) • Tara Strong, Jeremy Guskin, Jess Harnell, David Kaye and Rosie Perez (2:41)
4. Color City Song • Tara Strong (2:14)
5. Ben's Room (Main Title) (2:06)
6. Up and Adam (1:40)
7. Crayon Portal (:48)
8. King Scrawl & Gnat Awaken (2:45)
9. Welcome To Color City (1:07)
10. Gentle Blushing Flower/I Was Used Today (1:44)
11. Color City Song (Instrumental) (2:14)
12. Scrawl Kong/Afraid Of Heights/ReCharge/Scrawl's Mountain Idea (2:15)
13. Saved My Wrapper (:39)
14. Town Hall/Hawaii Source*/Town Hall Cont. • Zoë Poledouris-Roché, Angel Roché Jr. and *Gabrial McNair (1:15)
15. Why Am I So Scared I (:23)
16. Mountain Ascent/Rainbow Mountaintop/Let's Color_Anvil Chorus I (1:47)
17. Heavo Ho (Boat Song) (Instrumental) (2:42)
18. Scary Narrows/Outside The Lines (1:32)
19. Anvil Chorus III (:32)
20. Fog Walk/Unfinished Drawing Theme/HeeBee JeeBees/Creepy Crawlies (1:48)
21. You're Not Monsters (1:41)
22. Color The World Instrumental (1:35)
23. What's The Plan (:38)
24. You Saved Me (:38)
25. Everything's Ok/I Trusted You/You Don't Understand (1:04)
26. Stop/He Saved My Life/We've All Acted Like Jerks (1:32)
27. It's Up To Us/Dam Come Down/Color Returns (2:09)
28. Alternate End Theme (1:01)